Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2

día dos: Today I am thankful for the beautiful life my mom was blessed with, and I am even more thankful for the abundant beauty she's experiencing right now. (John 3:16)
>>For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I am SO thankful for the life Mom had on earth & for my blessing of being her daughter. I really couldn't have asked for a better mother. Her time here was shorter than most, but in that time she taught me a lot. She especially taught me how to care for people, which is how God used Ben & me to care for her in her most painful times. Lord, thank You that she is in ultimate comfort and peace right now. I pray that I can remember that she is always looking down on us, extending that comfort our way. In the sickness, she became weak physically. I know she is strong again now, and Oh God I am so excited to see her again someday. Thank You so much, God, for using me to get her back to going to church. I didn't even realize that's what I was doing at the time, or know the significance of that. God, thank You for all that You offer in regard to forgiveness, peace, and grace. The last few years of Mom's life were particularly difficult - harder than I can imagine - but God You were with her and with us every step of the way. Thank You for being with me now during this tough, confusing grieving process & showering my family in love & support.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28
So Lord, today I especially want to thank You for my mom & all that You blessed me with through her. Thank You that she is no longer in pain; thank You that she is rejoicing with You right now. That is such an incredible thing to imagine, and an even more incredible thing to know. Thank You for eternal life through Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment