Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 10

día diez: Today I am thankful to have a closet & dresser full of clothes, just readily available for my dressing needs.
Lord, I come to You today in praise over something I take for granted too much (one of the many things I take for granted). Clothing is something so normal to us in mass quantities. Lord, You make it so easy for me to travel to WalMart, or to a mall, or to Target, or to another department store... or even just get online!... to purchase clothing. You equip us with the money necessary, but is that really what You want us to spend Your money on? God, teach me further that all I have is Yours, not mine. Thank You for all the clothing You have blessed me with. No point in my life have I felt deprived of a proper wardrobe, but there are so many people in this world with just one set of clothing to wear repeatedly each day. Thank You for introducing me to people who fit that description, both introducing me to the idea & actually putting friends' faces to the issue. They are such beautiful people who deserve so much more. Lord, use me, use my friends, use Your many followers & anyone wanting to bring justice to this sad situation. Help us part with the clothing we honestly don't need anymore to provide for those in need. Thank You for the confidence that a simple tshirt can make someone's day. Near & far, people are in need. Thank You for opening my eyes to that. Use me to ring joy to their lives however I can.
"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter -- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?" -Isaiah 58:6-7
Thank You for making it relatively easy for us to donate to people in need. May they openly accept the donations and know that they come with love. Lord, thank You for my ability to give some of my clothing while we were in El Salvador. Thank You for providing for the neediest people of that community through us. Keep providing for them, as well as the many people around the world with both similar & different physical needs. Work in us to know how to share, & further to know why we share. Help us love our neighbors as ourselves. God, thank You that I have options of what to wear each day. Each outfit & article of clothing is evidence of how blessed I am. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment