Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 17

día diecisiete: (Nov. 17, yesterday) Today I am thankful for the ability/freedom to worship my God wherever & whenever I wish.
Dear Lord, today I am particularly thankful for You and Your constant presence with me. Along with that, I am actually able to acknowledge that presence whenever I wish. I feel so blessed to be able to own a Bible, Your Holy Word. I feel so blessed to be able to read it at home, on campus, at a park... wherever I'd like. I feel so blessed to be able to openly talk about You with my friends. I feel so blessed to be able to pray to You in any capacity, at any time, wherever I'd like. Lord, we are so free. We in the United States are so free to follow whatever religion we choose to follow. Lord, thank You that I am able to follow You, & thank You that You equip me with the means necessary to deepen my relationship with You. You are so good, God, & I pray that people all over the world can experience Your love and Your Word. There are countries that are deprived of the Bible, deprived of learning about You through written Scripture. God, provide for them and mold their abilities to receive Your Word. Make it possible for them to receive Bibles, & give them a passion for You and the strong desire to know more about salvation through Jesus. But God, there are also so many people with great access to Your Word who ignore it. Work in their hearts to know how fortunate they are to have such a treasure at their fingertips. Lord, work in my own heart as well. I confess that I am not studying Your Scripture as frequently as I should. Lord, work in me to plan and keep a schedule that involves deep interpretation of the Bible. Thank You for the Bible studies I am a part of with Imani and with Andrew. Facilitate good conversations in each of those settings, and reveal to us the information You want us to learn. May we hear Your heartbeat in those words, Lord.
"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." -Psalm 119:105
Guide us, Father, with our awesome ability to worship You. Speak to us through Your Word & through our prayers to You. Thank You for your providence - thank You especially for providing Yourself to us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment