Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 1 (11/1/10)

Today is day one of my goal in action, so here is my current Facebook status:
día uno: Today I am thankful for the Lord God Almighty, who takes hold of my right hand and says, "Do not fear; I will help you." (Isaiah 41:13) I hope you know that He says the same thing to you.
I am so thankful for You, Lord. Earlier as I sat here in such a blah mood, You challenged me with the Thankful challenge. I decided not to do it this year. You quickly changed my mind & developed it into something further. You placed Isaiah 41:13 back on my mind, a verse that Andrew & I memorized a couple of weeks ago. In my funk of a mood right now / recently, You help me. You help me through anything & everything. Help me remember that every second of every day, Lord. Andrew & I went to RISE church yesterday morning (in the basement of Blue Nile) and loved it. Amanda spoke about FEAR and referenced the section of verses in John when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-45). She said how we are Lazarus; God raises us from the dead. He brings us from our lowest times and fills us with life. She said we are also the community from the story. God is always with us, even when we doubt Him. I doubt Him a lot, and I also doubt myself. I essentially doubt that He'll work in me. I couldn't be farther from the truth with that, though.
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13
God, thank You for giving confidence in overwhelming abundance. Thank You for your constant, unconditional love. Thank You for adopting us as Your children & accepting us as we are, broken. Thank You for Your perfect healing power. Thank You for Your help in any and all situations. Thank You for being here, there, & everywhere. You're so good, God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment