Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 13

día trece: Today I am thankful for realistic & beautiful opportunities that may help shape my future.
Dear Lord, today I thank You for all the opportunities You've helped me capture so far, and I also thank You for the opportunities I now face & the ones I'll be facing in the near future. God, You place options in front of me regarding summer plans/job, plans after college, how to spend my time now... You show me that there is a lot for me to experience in this world, but You also are teaching me that I need to come to You to determine what opportunities to take hold of & which to let slip by.

God, I pray over how I spend summer 2011. Bless the summer camp applications I am putting in. Be with me during my phone interview next week, & also be with Jackie on the other end. Lord, help me to not show them the person they want to see, but rather the person who I truly am. If YouthWorks! is where You want me next summer, give grace to that conversation and give me the words to say. Help me communicate clearly and effectively to answer their questions fully. But God, if it's another opportunity that You'd rather me seize to use me elsewhere, show me that & guide me to that. As I fill out more applications, give me a feel for where I will grow the most & help others grow the most. God, thank You that all of this is in Your hands. Thank You for relieving me of stress & worry, since You've got it all under control.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33
"Estas cosas os he hablado para que en mí tengáis paz. En el mundo tendréis aflicción, pero confiad, yo he vencido al mundo." -Juan 16:33
Thank You that You already have my whole life planned out. And thank You, Lord, for my knowledge & faith that everything will play out to Your perfect plan. Thank You for the many opportunities You bless me with, Father. Open my eyes to more opportunities of various kinds that will enrich my life and my extension of Your incredible love to others. Lord, may I see opportunities in people - opportunities to make more genuine friendships & opportunities to care for people in more ways. God, thank You for blessing me with a promising future. Thank You for equipping me with the proper things and the faith to go out in the world & hopefully make a difference. Give others these opportunities as well, especially those who feel like they have no voice & no resources. Provide for them as You have provided for me, God. In all the opportunities You place before me, may I see which one will glorify You the most. I desire to serve You, Lord, no matter what that looks like at any point in time. Bless our open house tomorrow, & may others see opportunities for their future in this home. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment